The Real Golden Thread

The Real Golden Thread

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-03 22:29:59

Gravy
Administrator

The Real Golden Thread 2018

Welcome to The Real Golden Thread 2018. smile AL and I are honored to help create this new home, hopefully with the help of our community.

This is the thread for 2018. General Discussion, observations on the world around us, Thoughts, and speculation on the changing nature of Majestic, news and thoughts are all welcome.

Previous forum is found here: http://neweaglesforum.proboards.com/
Dan's blog is: http://dansblog.info/
The Eagles Disobey Website: http://www.eaglesdisobey.net/

Forward.....

AL & Gravy

May I be happy. May I be peaceful. May I be free.
May all beings be happy. May all beings be peaceful. May all beings be free.
May my enemies be happy. May my enemies be peaceful. May my enemies be free.

#2 2018-04-05 10:51:18

Gravy
Administrator

Re: The Real Golden Thread 2018

Sometimes I see a news story and some aspects about the information get me thinking. Reading between the lines.

This is one of those times. Maybe this is just what it seems. Maybe there is more to this story. I have no information other that what is listed.

Elite Thunderbird pilot killed in F-16 fighter jet crash in Nevada, military says 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/el … da-n862866

The incident is the third U.S. military aircraft crash this week. The pilot was not immediately identified, pending next-of-kin notification.

A pilot of the U.S. Air Force's elite Thunderbirds team was killed in a fighter jet crash Wednesday in central Nevada, military officials said.

The F-16 Fighting Falcon from Nellis Air Force Base crashed on the Nevada Test and Training Range during a routine demonstration training flight at about 10:30 a.m. PT (1:30 p.m. ET), said base spokesman Staff Sgt. Jason Coulliard. The pilot was not immediately identified, pending next-of-kin notification.

The Thunderbirds said in a statement that the team's participation this weekend at an expo at the March Air Reserve Base in Southern California has been canceled.

The squad is known as "America's Ambassadors in Blue," with the highly trained pilots performing aerobatic formations and maneuvers during military ceremonies.

An accident investigation has been opened into the cause of the mishap, which wass the third U.S. military aircraft crash this week.

Four crew members were killed when a Marine CH-53E Super Stallion helicopter crashed Tuesday in California during a training mission along the U.S.-Mexico border west of El Centro.

The same day, a Marine Harrier jet crashed during takeoff from an airport in the East African nation of Djibouti. The pilot ejected and was medically evaluated.

Last September at Nellis, a U.S. Air Force pilot died of injuries after a crash on the training range about 100 miles northwest of the base.

Officials did not disclose the type of aircraft Lt. Col. Eric Schultz had been piloting. He was assigned to a military command that conducts research and weapon system tests.

In January, an unspecified military aircraft aborted takeoff and caught fire at Nellis, but no serious injuries were reported.

Thirds crash this week.

Elite pilot.

Undisclosed aircraft type.

Central Nevada...

I have the families of those effected in my heart today....

Gravy

#3 2018-04-07 13:24:32

Gravy
Administrator

Lovely shade of blue shes wearing in the video as well.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ma … 3485e4b7f3

Madeleine Albright Sounds The Alarm On Fascism And Donald Trump 

Dictators point to “Trump’s own words to justify their repressive actions,” the former secretary of state writes.

Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright warns of the growing risk of worldwide fascism emboldened by Donald Trump’s “scorn” for democracy in a scathing New York Times op-ed.

The essay set off a furious debate on Twitter.

“Fascism — and the tendencies that lead toward fascism — pose a more serious threat now than at any time since the end of World War II,” Albright writes in the op-ed, titled “Will We Stop Trump Before It’s Too Late?” She decries mounting nativist and extreme right-wing movements around the globe, along with the growing threat of despotism. A key enabler, she argues, is America’s unleashed president.

“The possibility that fascism will be accorded a fresh chance to strut around the world stage is enhanced by the volatile presidency of Donald Trump,” Albright warns.

“Instead of standing up for the values of a free society, Mr. Trump’s oft-vented scorn for democracy’s building blocks has strengthened the hands of dictators. No longer need they fear United States criticism regarding human rights or civil liberties. On the contrary, they can and do point to Mr. Trump’s own words to justify their repressive actions,” she adds.

Albright blasts Trump’s withdrawal from historic, positive international coalitions, his philosophy of every nation for itself, and his disdain for civil discourse, equality, human rights and democratic institutions.

Trump has “attacked the judiciary, ridiculed the media, defended torture, condoned police brutality, urged supporters to rough up hecklers and ... equated mere policy disagreements with treason,” she writes. “He libels immigrants and the countries from which they come. His words are ... calculated to exacerbate religious, social and racial divisions.”

What can be done? Albright urges defending the truth in the press, recognizing that no one is above the law and building a reenergized populace working for democracy.

“America at its best is a place where people from a multitude of backgrounds work together to safeguard the rights and enrich the lives of all,” she concludes. “No politician, not even one in the Oval Office, should be allowed to tarnish that dream.”

Gravy

#4 2018-04-10 17:29:53

Gravy
Administrator

It seems that to be seated in the new Maj you need to be ok with your name being out there in the public. This is a huge shift from the past and I wonder how this will play out. I hope seat 9 provides some communication with the public at some point. There seems to be a lot changing within the new Maj. I don't know if team members will be participating here or not but hopefully information flows from Dan's blog and the flag ship. Currently 7 of the nine seats are listed with the others apparently coming. Interesting times.

Gravy

#5 2018-04-11 07:12:26

Gravy
Administrator

Dan, I am hoping your surgery goes smoothly and your recovery is short. This has been a long time coming! smile

Gravy

#6 2018-04-11 11:02:02

AL
Administrator

Dan,

May you be wrapped up in God's love,
Found deep in His everlasting wings,
Carried and kept, safe and cherished.
May the healing power of Christ,
Breathe across your being now.
Amen

www.lords-prayer-words.com

Love,
AL & Family

"This is our cry. This is our prayer. Peace in the world." -Inscribed on a plaque at the statue of Sadako Sasaki in the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park.

#7 2018-04-11 14:07:46

arashikage

May total restoration and healing be with Rev. Drs. Dan & Marcia Crain. I pray wisdom and focus for the surgeons.
With all Heavenly Grace, and in the name of The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit, I add my prayers.

May this be a blessed start, on recovery road.

S   E   V   E   R   E   L   Y            S   T   O   K   E   D   !   !   !

#8 2018-04-12 04:16:17

npoet

arashikage wrote:

May total restoration and healing be with Rev. Drs. Dan & Marcia Crain. I pray wisdom and focus for the surgeons.
With all Heavenly Grace, and in the name of The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit, I add my prayers.

May this be a blessed start, on recovery road.

Same wishes from me.

I hope we hear something from DM soon about Syria. The newspapers in Europe are all covered with the articles "seconds to WW 3".
Please please calm us down.

I think now, more than ever before, it is again time for everyone to pray, or if you are atheist wish for peace.

br
Npoet

p.s.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/rus … d=SK216DHP

Last edited by npoet (2018-04-12 05:11:04)

#9 2018-04-13 21:58:58

Gravy
Administrator

Syria airstrikes: Donald Trump announces military action against Assad regime with UK and France

America, Britain and France have launched airstrikes against the Syrian regime to punish its chemical attack that killed more than 70 people.

Donald Trump announced the joint operation in a television statement at 9pm, saying the strikes would target the regime’s ability to use chemical weapons.

Minutes after Mr Trump spoke there were reports of explosions in Syria, with the Pentagon later confirming the first wave of strikes had been carried out.

Theresa May, the Prime Minister, issued her own statement confirming she had ordered airstrikes to punish the Syrian regime’s “cruel and abhorrent” behaviour.

She said the move was not about regime change or “intervening” in the civil war but ensuring that to stop the “erosion of the international norm that prevents the use of these weapons.”

Mr Trump said the three allies were willing to carry out “sustained” pressure on Bashar al-Assad, the Syrian president, until he agreed not to use chemical weapons in the future.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 … -military/

Gravy

#10 2018-04-15 05:22:06

arashikage

I am no expert on the issue, but if the use of said chemical weapons was not legal, is Assad not being charged with war crimes? Where is his trial being held? The Hague? Did he authorize this? I don't see any reason for him to have. I do not see how he could do so, and garner support for his actions. It has to be the worst strategic move of the past few years, if true. Dude was in a not-to-bad position, as I recall. Didn't we hear this same story, just a while ago? I am not saying it can not be true, but I just don't understand the motivations.
If it is true, it seems ridiculous. If it is false, then other actions seem ridiculous.

At any rate, 70 people are no longer living, as the result of some expletiving expletive's decision. This is a problem. I mean, honestly, where do they find the time, to do that BS? The strategists that thought up the solutions to said problem, came up with a calculated response. I hope they also calculated on how to convert all machinations of destruction into projects for a real improvement of our beautiful world.
I pray, that those who have yet to appreciate this miracle of a planet, find the time to enjoy it, instead of getting caught up in a blind fury.

My thoughts are:  If there is an illness, we would be wise to seek to find a remedy that takes into account the possible side effects. If the side effects create too much stress on other essential systems, we would be wise to reevaluate the course of treatment. Again, I am not an expert. Thoughts become things. May thoughts of unity fill the world. Optimism is a path, I hope more choose. Current events, are sometimes filled with grief and indignation. I do not discount it, but I ridicule the retributions, and the energy that it takes towards an end that I don't support, and with a means that I don't support. Let's do something different. History is filled with back and forth hand slaps. Why can't our future be filled with back and forth hand ups? If this seems too simplistic, maybe that is just how my mind works.

Anybody else have a more eloquent way of putting this, or another perspective? It has been increasingly difficult for me to focus my thoughts, recently. Can there be a fog of peace? I think, I just need more water and rest.

Live well, and may "the groove", and you, find each other.

S   E   V   E   R   E   L   Y            S   T   O   K   E   D   !   !   !

#11 2018-04-19 01:24:46

Dan

Gravy wrote:

Welcome to The Real Golden Thread 2018. smile AL and I are honored to help create this new home, hopefully with the help of our community.

This is the thread for 2018. General Discussion, observations on the world around us, Thoughts, and speculation on the changing nature of Majestic, news and thoughts are all welcome.

Previous forum is found here: http://neweaglesforum.proboards.com/
Dan's blog is: http://dansblog.info/
The Eagles Disobey Website: http://www.eaglesdisobey.net/

Forward.....

AL & Gravy

/
HI, ADMINS!  (Sorry commo has been up-and-down...but pressing issues are really getting to be something.  We are getting it fixed.)  As some other fora and sites are desperately harvesting and even looking for misspellings ( I kid you not! lol ), you 2 are THE right ADMINS for the "grown-ups' table. smile  Health and World permitting: I am starting the blog on Saturday.
/

/
(I'll see if I can assist for the misspelling harvesting people: on occasion, I misspell words.  When I see them, as do some others I know, I work to correct them.)
/

/
Hello, EVERYONE.  About to rest for awhile...reasons some have probably just read about on what will very soon be a frozen forum.  I want to put a couple special photos there first.  Already have my Nurse ("Maggie") and WarDog (A'Puffus) there.  The extra images are meant directly toward a few microbiologists, but I will do everything necessary to get the general communication understood for about everyone. Marcia has told me that she's heard enough about something and requests I show an image or two.  Okay. smile

Love to everyone. big_smile
+Dan
/

Board footer